Ok, so not really a healthy “dinner” post by any means, but in honor of New Year’s, I thought I would feature some of these pinterest inspired champagne recipes for your New Year’s Eve plans!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, egg whites, vanilla, sour cream and champagne and mix on medium speed just until smooth. Do not over mix.
4. Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
1. Combine butter and shortening and mix until smooth.
2. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
3. Add champagne and mix until smooth.
4. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
5. Add a little more champagne, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.
6. Top cupcakes with icing.