Try this delicious and easy Coconut Curry Shrimp. I served this over mashed cauliflower and it was the perfect comfort food for a cold night. Let us know if you make this!
For Shrimp Marinade
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/7 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lb extra-large shrimp, peeled.
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 can (5.5 oz) coconut milk
- In a small bowl toss the shrimp with the marinade ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, heat the oil in a medium size pot. Add the onion, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Stir in the ginger, garlic, pepper, salt, coriander, and curry powder.
- Continue to cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent, about another 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes. Add shrimp with the accumulated juices from the marinade and cook for another 5 minutes or until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve over hot rice or mashed cauliflower.
*Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe