This week’s MMHM is a well packed beach bag. Now that summer is in full swing, beach season is finally here! Heading down the shore with kids is much different than the days of grabbing a cooler, towel, magazine and chair for yourself. Having a well organized and packed beach bag can make the trip a little easier and more enjoyable for everyone. Besides the obvious items, like towels, sunglasses, hats, and bathing suits, here are some of my beach bag essentials:
1) A hooded beach coverup for the kids, I love these sun smarties UF 50 coverups from One Step Ahead for my kids. They are great to throw on after a day of swimming and can be personalized.
2) Beach toys: keep it simple!
3) Baby powder: Miracle sand remover! I love the beach, but hate sandy bodies on my lap…baby powder takes the sand right off.
4) Healthy snacks: I try to pack good healthy snacks that keep everyone full. Some of my favorites are Trader Joes’s lite kettle corn, frozen chobani yogurt tubes for the kids and Kind and Larabars for me.
5) A cute beach coverup for myself! I love this striped one from Athleta.
6) Long sleeve rash guards for the kids, Carters & Lands End have some cute ones this season.
7) Ziploc bags. I keep a bunch of ziploc bags in my beach bag at all times, freezer bags are great for wet bathing suits or keeping all of your sunscreen sand-free. Sandwich bags work great for your phone & ipod.
8) Good sunscreen. I am crazy about sunscreen with my kids. I like to put lotion on before headed down to the beach and then keep a good spray sunscreen to reapply while there, instead of rubbing sunscreen all over a sand covered child. I also like to have a good lip balm with spf for me.
9) A good beach bag! I love the Thirty-one totes, the perfect beach bag!
Last, but certainly not least….
10) A refreshing beverage for the beach! Of course you will have bottled water…but really a good drink is needed! I love the grapefruit summer ales and those cute little beach stakes to keep your drink out of the sand!