There are many reason why I enjoy HIIT workouts, mainly because they are efficient and I always get a good workout. High Intensity Interval Training is typically described as any workout that alternates between intervals of fast-paced exercises and periods of rest. An effective HIIT is typically between 30-45 minutes. According to a recent article published by Shape Magazine. these are the top 8 benefits of HIIT workouts:
1) The are efficient: you are not spending hours at a gym, you are in and out quickly, getting a great workout in and fitting it into your busy lifestyle.
2) You will burn more fat
3) You will build a healthier heart
4) There is no equipment necessary
5) HIIT helps you lose weight, not muscle.
6) You increase your metbolism
7) You can do it anywhere
8) It is a really challenging workout that gives results!
Check out the newest space at Focus Fitness coming in May!! You are guaranteed to get some great HIIT workouts with some highly qualified trainers. Not to mention, Studio K offers a spot to drop off the kiddies while you workout!
Enjoy the weekend 🙂