Happy Cinco De Mayo! If you are like me, you will love these lightened up versions of some favorite May 5th dishes! I love a good margarita paired with chips and quac, although I don’t always love all the calories that come with it. Check out this lighter versions of some of my favorites from GetHeathlyU.com
Enjoy the day 🙂
Sassy Skinny Margarita
- 1 cup triple sec
- Juice from 6 limes
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon stevia to make simple syrup, and add syrup to taste (Simple syrup is stevia with hot water)
- Margarita salt for the rim of glasses
- Tequila (we use 1 cup for this recipe, but add what you prefer)
- Juice limes, lemons, and add in triple sec and tequila to a pitcher.
- Make your simple syrup by mixing Truvia sweetner with a little hot water in a small bowl, and then add your simple syrup to margaritas to taste. Mix margaritas well.
- Rim 4 glasses with salt and pour the skinny margarita over ice.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and lemon on each glass.
- 2 avocados, peeled
- 1/2 of a jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 a red onion chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4- 1/2 of a lime juiced (add to your liking)
- Minced garlic
- Garnish with some red tomato for color for serving
- n a bowl, add all ingredients.
- Using a potato masher, blend all the ingredients together to the consistency you like. Some like it chunky, others like it smooth. Feel free to play with the amount of salt, lime and garlic to work with your taste buds
- Scoop into a serving dish and serve with cut up veggies or chips
Spicy Pico de Gallo
- 2 large ripe organic tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- ½ sweet white onion, chopped
- ½ jalapeno with seeds, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- handful fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 small lime, juiced
*All recipes and pictures from GetHealthyU.com*